The mode of generating Electricity for various requirements of the mankind today are numerous . Electrical Power Generation methods can be from Thermal, Hydropower, Nuclear ,Solar ,Wind Power or some other form.
The generated power is distributed through an Electrical Distribution system.
The Power Utility Companies or Government Power Utility Institutes take the responsibility of bringing the Electrical Power to the Consumer. A Consumer can be a large manufacturing industry or just a Home of a person.
The Consumer’s requirements vary greatly according to his electrical power requirements or the useage of Electricity.
Electrical Installations are needed for the Consumer to use Electricity for his requirements as Lighting, Heating and Air Conditioning , running all types of Electrical Equipment , to name a few.
It is for the above , that we intend to address here and to gather practical methods and ways for implementation to improve the knowhow on the subject.
Current, Voltage and Resistance and their relationship to each other.
Then about Electrical Power and the relationship to above.
Also about Direct Current,Single Phase ,Three Phase and the Neutral.
Real Power, Apparent Power and Reactive Power
About Earthing and the relationship to the Neutral
The Incoming Supply from the Utility and the Consumer Unit.
About Electric Cables , Main Switches and MCCB units.
Distribution Boards and MCB modules.
RCCB or RCD devices.
Socket outlets and Switches for power distribution and Illumination or Lighting.
Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Electrical Load Calculation to commence an Electrical Installation
Single Phase and Three Phase Supply for Alternative or AC Current usage.
Power Factor and Improving of Power Factor for large Electrical Installations
* Preparing Electrical Layout Drawings and Schematic Drawings based on Architechtural Drawings
* Determine Electrical Specifications
* List out Material and Component requirements
* Decide Main Distribution Board locations
* Lay conduits or Trunkings in the building as necessary
* Install boxes for Switches and Sockets
* Install Distribution Boards and Main Switches
* Install Cables from Distribution Boards to Switches, Light/Fan points, and Socket outlets [receptacles]
* Install Earth Electrode for the Electrical System.
* Install Lights, Switches, Sockets and other accessories
* Test the Installation and obtain Test Certificate
* Obtain Service Connection from Power Utility Company
* Ready for Commissioning of the Electrical Installation.